Fem-a-nine 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Item # PM1146
Our Price: $26.30
Free Shipping Included for all US addresses and territories
Product Q & A
|MFG # SC34-60|
UPC # PM1146
Official Website: https://www.pharmaxllc.com
Features & benefits
• Vitex agnus castus has been shown in clinical trials to substantially reduce the symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (Lauriter et al, 1997). The effect is probably due to the flavonoids of Vitex stimulating the hypothalamus-pituitary axis (HPA) to produce lower levels of follicle-stimulating tissue (FSH) and normalizing levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) (Bohsert, 1997).
• Black cohosh has been found in clinical trials to reduce hot flushes and decrease mood fluctuation in peri-menopausal women. This effect was related to a reduction in luteinizing hormone (LH). (Duker et al., 1991).
• Feverfew is a well known botanical pain reliever, especially of headaches and migraines which are often associated with menstrual difficulties.
• Kava kava and St John’s wort are probably the two most effective and best-known botanical relaxants and mood modulators. Kava enhances relaxation and St John’s wort alleviates feelings of depression.
• Siberian ginseng is included in the formula as a general tonic and invigorating agent. It combines well with the other botanicals to produce a heightened state of relaxation and positive mood.
• Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) was found in a double blind, placebocontrolled trial to significantly reduce the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (Larsen et al. 1989)
• Vitamin B6 has proven efficacy in the relief of pre-menstrual syndrome.
In some women, the monthly luteal phase of the menstrual cycle is associated with symptoms such as abdominal, back and breast pain, water-retention, tiredness and fatigue, and mood swings. These symptoms are usually grouped as pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS). Typically, the symptoms do not occur in the follicular phase and end abruptly upon menstruation.
The other period of menstrual cycle-related symptoms is the peri-menopause where the most common symptoms are hot flushes, mood swings and irritability.
Fem 9 has been specifically developed to support the female menstrual cycle at both pre-menopausal and peri-menopausal periods and to reduce the symptoms experienced by some women. Fem 9 is therefore appropriate for women who have discomfort and/or mood swing symptoms during their menstrual cycle.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
|Typically, per capsule|
Gamma linolenic acid ...20mg
(as freeze dried concentrated borage oil)
Vitamin B6 ...30mg
(as pyridoxal–5–phosphate:pyridoxine hydrochloride 1:1)
Vitamin C (as freeze dried zinc ascorbate) ...45mg
Zinc (as freeze dried zinc ascorbate) ...5.5mg
Selenium (as L-selenomethionine) ...40ìg
Agnus castus (Vitex agnus castus) ...100mg
Black cohosh root standardized extract ...60mg
providing 1.5mg triterpene glycosides
Feverfew flowering tops standardized extract ...20mg
providing 100ìg parthenolides
Eleutherococcus senticosus root standardized extract ...50mg
providing 0.4mg eleutherosides
Kava kava root standardized extract ...50mg
providing 15mg kavalactones
St. Johns wort flowering tops standardized extract ...170mg
providing 0.5mg hypericin
Allergy Information - Product Details
|One capsule taken twice daily with a meal or as professionally directed.|
|Before using this product, consult your practitioner if pregnant, nursing or if pregnancy is being planned and also if taking mood-modifying medication.|
Overall Rating for Fem-a-nine 60 Vegetarian Capsules