Frontier Flax 120 Softgels
Item # FRT1031
Our Price: $19.50
Free Shipping Included for all US addresses and territories
Product Q & A
|MFG # 02jw358.120|
Official Website: http://www.nutritionalfrontiers.com
Cardiovascular and Immune System Support
Flax Seed Oil:
-Provides Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 Essential Fatty Acids.
-Is a great vegetarian source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
-Naturally provides a 1:4 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids.
-Supports Cardiovascular and Immune System functions.
-Supports Prostaglandin Balance.
Provides Essential Fatty Acids:
• Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are polyunsaturated fats that the body cannot manufacture and must be obtained from foods.
• Omega 3 EFAs are produced from Alpha-Linolenic Acid(ALA). The Omega 3 fatty acids are especially importantfor the heart, brain and cell membranes.
• Omega 6 EFAs are made from Linoleic Acid (LA). The body uses Omega 6 fatty acids to produce the PGE1 series of prostaglandins, which support immune system function and skin health.
• Omega 9 or Oleic Acid is a monounsaturated fatty acid not considered essential because the body can produce it. Omega 9 fatty acids may help support cardiovascular function.
Flax Seed Oil Naturally Provides a 1:4 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3:
• Research indicates the American diet has a ratio of 20:1 in favor of the Omega 6 fatty acids. Ideally this ratio should be 4:1 (Omega6/Omega3). The ratio of the Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids in Flax Seed Oil is 1:4 (150 mg of LA to 585 mg ALA). Most diets supply much higher amounts of Omega 6 as compared to Omega 3 causing an imbalance of the Omega6/Omega3 ratio.
Flax Seed Oil Supports Prostaglandin Balance:
• Prostaglandins are hormone-like substances that regulate many of the body’s functions, including smoothmuscle contraction, dilation of blood vessels and are mediators in the process of inflammation.
• Prostaglandins are producedfrom Omega 3 and Omega6 fatty acids and they must be in proper balance to maintain optimal cellular functions.
• Flax Seed Oil provides Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids in an optimal ratio.
• Flax Seed Oil is cold pressed which means you get the full advantage of its natural compounds. Some manufacturing procedures use heat, which renders the fats inactive and unusable by the body.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
|Serving Size: 1 Softgel |
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Organic Flax Seed Oil 1000 mg
Which typically contains:
Alpha-Linolenic Acid(Omega-3) 450 mg
Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) 110 mg
OleicAcid (Omega-9) 110 mg
Other Fatty Acids 50 mg
Other ingredients: gelatin, vegetable glycerin, natural caramel color, purified water.
|As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel with a meal, 1 to 3 times daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.|
|If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this or any nutritional product.|
Overall Rating for Frontier Flax 120 Softgels