MCT Colada 16 oz (454 Grams)
Item # DES1282
Our Price: $44.00
Free Shipping Included for all US addresses and territories
Product Q & A
|MFG # MCT16Z|
UPC # 879452003040
Official Website: http://www.designsforhealth.com
Medium chain triglycerides never tasted so good!
From coconut and palmoil
High energy, rapidly available fuel
Emulsified for quick absorption and easy mixing
Shorter in length than long chain triglycerides such as safflower and corn oils
Well established for malabsorption syndromes
How can MCT Colada™help people with Alzheimer's?
This disease is associated with poor ability of the brain to use glucose as a fuel source. Without fuel, brain cells will die. If glucose is not available, the only other fuel the brain can use is fat, in the form of ketones. Medium chain triglycerides can be converted into ketones and used by the brain as an alternate energy source. The result is better cognitive function and improved memory. Because of this it may support the following conditions as well:
• post brain injury • epilepsy •childhood cognitive development problems • autism
How can MCT Colada™ help people lose weight?
• Unlike other dietary fats, MCTs do not get stored as fat in the body
• Instead they get burned for energy
• Thus, MCTs have the ability to increase metabolism
How can MCT Colada™ help athletes?
• Gives quick boost of energy
• Preserves muscle during intense exercise because the body burns the MCTs rather than amino acids
• If carb intake is low, there is less glucose available for energy so MCTs can serve as a fuel source instead.
How can MCT Colada™ help people with cancer?
• Anyone who is catabolic (losing muscle) or cachexic (not only in cancer but also seen in AIDS, sarcopenia) may benefit from consumption of MCT Colada™.
• Cancer feeds on sugar. Studies show that tumor growth can be inhibited when cancer patients are given MCTs along with a ketogenic diet (starving the body of carbohydrates).
How can MCT Colada™ help people with chronic yeast infections?
• MCT Colada™ contains two beneficial fatty acids, caprylic acid and capric acid, both known to be effective against Candida albicans (yeast known to cause most yeast infections) as well as herpes simplex virus, chlamydia and other bacterial infections.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
|Serving Size 10.5 grams (approx. 2 teaspoons)|
Servings Per Container 43
Amount Par Serving . Dally Value
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 6g 9%*
Saturated Fat 6g 30%*
Irons Fat 0g +
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g +
Monounsaturated Fat 0g +
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%*
Sugars 0g +
Medium Chain Triglycerides 5.7g t
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
+ Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: MCT oil (from coconut oil and/or palm oil), water, xylitol, glycerine, gumarabic, natural flavors, citric acid, xanthan gum,guar gum, potassium sorbate, vitamin E and ascorbyl palmitate to ensure freshness.
NOTE: The sweetness comes from natural, low-calorie xylitol, with a very low glycemic index, making MCT Colada™ safe for diabetics.
|Can be mixed in yogurt, juice, or any beverage|
•Add to your favorite shakes and smoothies. You'll not only give them an added delicious pineapple/coconut flavor, but you will also make them frothier and more fun to drink.
MCT Colada™ can be used for cooking and baking in place of other oils (just do not heat above 325°F). Have fun experimenting in the kitchen with this great tasting, health-promoting oil.
• 2 teaspoons provides slightly less than 6 g MCTs
• Consider 1-3 servings per day spread out
|High doses may cause taxation (i.e., loose stools). Titrate to allow the body to adjust to the ingestion of MCTs.|
Overall Rating for MCT Colada 16 oz (454 Grams)