|MFG # 02jw428.120|
Official Website: http://www.nutritionalfrontiers.com
An advanced bone support formula to help maintain bone strength, function and health.
SUPER CAL PLUS is a synergistic formula that contains 6 well-researched nutrients to:
- Support the organic and inorganic matrix of bone
- Support hormone balance
- Provide bioavailable minerals for bone health
- Support bone density
• Bone consists of an inorganic and organic matrix.
The inorganic matrix is approximately 75% of the dry weight of bone and is mainly calcium hydroxyapatite crystals. The inorganic matrix of bone is responsible for providing bones with the ability to withstand hard impact.
The organic matrix of bone is composed of collagen (approximately 90%), chondroitin sulfates and glycoprotein growth factors.
The balanced process of bone breakdown and regeneration, to keep bone mass constant, declines with age and breakdown begins to exceed regeneration leading to loss of bone mass. It is estimated that 25 million people in the United States are affected by brittle bones.
• 50% of all women and 15% of all men in the US will suffer an osteoporotic related fracture in ther life. Age, medications, lack of exercise, smoking, genetics, caffeine and alcohol consumption, and diet can contribute to bone loss. Healthy bone requires MCHC, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, boron and copper.
Calcium Support and Mineral Balance
• MCHC Microcrystalline hydroxyapatite is whole bone food and provides a highly absorbable and a superior source of calcium. This source of calcium also provides other essential minerals (such as magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, silicon, and iron) and protein growth factors proven to support bone health and strength.
• Magnesium, Boron, and Copper are all necessary to support calcium absorption and utilization plus decrease the loss of bone calcium.
• Vitamin D3 plays an important role in protecting your bones. Your body requires Vitamin D to absorb calcium. Children need Vitamin D to build strong bones, and adults need it to keep bones strong and healthy. When
people do not get enough Vitamin D, they can lose bone. Studies show that people with low levels of Vitamin D have lower bone density or bone mass. They are also more likely to break bones when they are older.
• Vitamin K2 -The research on Vitamin K to reduce bone loss has been very promising. Researchers have found that Vitamin K is important for the maintenance of healthy bones.Vitamin K is found in green, leafy vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, lettuce, and spinach. Because of Vitamin K’s role in blood coagulation, individuals on blood thinners should check with their doctor before attempting to increase their Vitamin K intake.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.